Welcome

If you love the British pub, you will like this blog. Here I will review the pubs I drop into in my wanderings around my home region - urban, rural, posh, homely, fun pubs, restaurant pubs, and local backstreet pubs. I hope to encourage people to appreciate them.
I will score each pub out of five points each (30 points maximum) on its ambience, decor, service, whether it serves real ales, state of the toilets (but I can't vouch for the state of the gents because I don't use them!) and what extras it has - games, beer garden, newspapers, serves food, karaoke, quizzes, live music.
If after reading one of my reviews you decide to check out a pub, I hope you enjoy the experience. But bear in mind that I have only visited some of them once, and pubs and pub managers change. If the review needs updating, please leave a comment.
Ups and downs? Well, people drink when they're down. And they drink to celebrate, when they're feeling 'up'. Besides that, this is hill country. It's full of ups and downs.
(ALL PHOTOS ARE COPYRIGHT)

Friday 17 August 2012

The Dysarts Arms





The Dysarts Arms, Huddersfield Road, Mossley, Tameside OL5 9BT
01457 832103

Out on its own, near the top of the hills above Mossley village, this is an originally 17th century pub, with a partly modernised interior that has still retained most of the original features. Worth a special trip for the food and the view. Bus 350 Ashton-Manchester passes the front door. 


ambience - 3
decor - 4
Divided into four small rooms, which have low, beamed ceilings, cosy but not cramped. Comfortable seating, new, pale cream decor. Lively.

service - 3
ale - 3
July 2012: Unicorn, Jubilee ale, and one other

features - 3
children permitted
serves food
beer garden

toilets - 4

Score 20 out of 30

No comments:

Post a Comment