Welcome

If you love the British pub, you will like this blog. Here I will review the pubs I drop into in my wanderings around my home region - urban, rural, posh, homely, fun pubs, restaurant pubs, and local backstreet pubs. I hope to encourage people to appreciate them.
I will score each pub out of five points each (30 points maximum) on its ambience, decor, service, whether it serves real ales, state of the toilets (but I can't vouch for the state of the gents because I don't use them!) and what extras it has - games, beer garden, newspapers, serves food, karaoke, quizzes, live music.
If after reading one of my reviews you decide to check out a pub, I hope you enjoy the experience. But bear in mind that I have only visited some of them once, and pubs and pub managers change. If the review needs updating, please leave a comment.
Ups and downs? Well, people drink when they're down. And they drink to celebrate, when they're feeling 'up'. Besides that, this is hill country. It's full of ups and downs.
(ALL PHOTOS ARE COPYRIGHT)

Sunday 24 February 2013

The Church Inn


The Church Inn, Church Lane, Uppermill, OL3 6LW
 
 
This country pub is opposite Saddleworth Church and a quarter mile downhill from the Cross Keys, and is similar in style, though the building is not quite as old.
 
decor - 3
ambience - 3
Cosy atmosphere, log fire, but seating a bit uncomfortable
 
ales - 5
A free house with more than five real ales available at all times
 
features - 3
serves food
beer garden
allows children and dogs
 
service - 2
service a bit indifferent, staff spend a lot of time chatting to regulars, so you'll have a bit longer to wait if you're not one.
 
toilets - 3
 
Score 19 out of 30 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment