Welcome

If you love the British pub, you will like this blog. Here I will review the pubs I drop into in my wanderings around my home region - urban, rural, posh, homely, fun pubs, restaurant pubs, and local backstreet pubs. I hope to encourage people to appreciate them.
I will score each pub out of five points each (30 points maximum) on its ambience, decor, service, whether it serves real ales, state of the toilets (but I can't vouch for the state of the gents because I don't use them!) and what extras it has - games, beer garden, newspapers, serves food, karaoke, quizzes, live music.
If after reading one of my reviews you decide to check out a pub, I hope you enjoy the experience. But bear in mind that I have only visited some of them once, and pubs and pub managers change. If the review needs updating, please leave a comment.
Ups and downs? Well, people drink when they're down. And they drink to celebrate, when they're feeling 'up'. Besides that, this is hill country. It's full of ups and downs.
(ALL PHOTOS ARE COPYRIGHT)

Thursday 12 May 2022

Haworth Old Hall Inn, Haworth

 



Haworth Old Hall, Sun Street, Haworth BD22 6BP
01535 642709

This establishment has a bar and is also part restaurant and part guesthouse and I've had a few people ask me why I count such places on a pub blog. It's a good question. At what point does a pub become a hotel? But the owners seem to put as much effort into providing good beer and wine as they do into the other aspects of the business, and though the space in front of the bar is narrow, there are comfortable seats to sit and enjoy your drink. So at the moment anyway, it's enough of a pub to be in.

ambience - 5
The building dates from 1580 and you can feel the history as you walk in. 

decor - 5
Very tasteful, especially the dining room area. This takes up most of the space inside, but there is a long narrow area for drinkers in front of the bar with comfortable benches.

Service - 5
Very attentive and welcoming

Real ales - 5

Features - 5
Serves food
accommodation
dog friendly, see the photo above
child friendly
beer garden at the front

Toilet - 4

Disabled access : There is an accessible toilet.

Score 29 out of 30

No comments:

Post a Comment